Want to party in D.C. with Rosario Dawson, Marc Anthony, and many other stars all while helping out a good cause? MONDAY is the deadline to enter the Voto Latino raffle to win one pair of Latino Inaugural Gala 2009 tickets with a set of airline tickets to be used anytime during 2009 to an individual who donates $25 or more in the next seven days. All donations are 100% tax deductible. To enter the raffle and donate, please go to: http://www.votolatino.org/
Your contribution today will be put to good use tomorrow. In 2009, Voto Latino will work on two critical areas for better increasing civic engagement. The first involves a campaign aimed at stopping the increase in hate crimes against Latinos. In fact, according to the FBI 62% of all ethnically-motivated hate crimes occurred against Latinos last year. The second initiative called “Be Counted…Represent!” focuses on the 2010 census, encouraging Latinos to participate in the census which is critical in determining congressional representation and federal funding. Click read more for more information.
Please accept our deepest gratitude. Our sincerest thanks for making 2008 such an incredible journey. We look forward to working with you on these important initiatives in ’09.
If you care about justice and American empowerment, we encourage you to donate today and enter in the chance to win two tickets to the Latino Inaugural Ball with a pair of airline tickets to be used at any time during the year at: http://www.votolatino.org/
Your contribution is 100% tax deductible! You’ve made this an amazing year for us. We are thankful. We hope we can continue our work with your support.
Of course, you may also purchase tickets to the Latino Inaugural Gala 2009 for $200 each at: http://latinoinauguralgala
LATINO INAUGURAL GALA 2009 CONFIRMS ALEJANDRO SANZ, LILA DOWNS AND MICHAEL SALGADO TO ATTEND STAR STUDDED CELEBRATION
Actors Rosie Perez, Luis Guzman, Wilmer Valderrama, Adam Rodriguez and Angelica Vale Also Added to the Line-Up of Stars Participating in the Latino Inaugural Gala
WASHINGTON, DC – Excitement continues to build for the 2009 Latino Inaugural Gala – “Celebrando El Cambio – Renewing America’s Promise” as additional Latino artists and entertainers such as Alejandro Sanz, Lila Downs, Michael Salgado, Rosie Perez, Luiz Guzman, Wilmer Valderrama, Adam Rodriguez and Angelica Vale confirm their participation in the festivities scheduled for Sunday, January 18, 2009 at Union Station (http://latinoinauguralgala
These new artists will join an already star-studded line-up of performers for the Gala including Marc Anthony, Paulina Rubio, Rosario Dawson, Tony Plana, War, Cucu Diamantes & Yerba Buena, Elida Reyna, and Mariachi Los Camperos de Nati Cano. To receive the latest up-to-the minute updates on new entertainment/celebrity announcements and other breaking Latino Inaugural Gala news, please text “GALA” to 35328 .
“Through our 2009 Latino Inaugural Gala we will celebrate and continue the call-to-action inspiring fellow Americans from every state, background and political affiliation, to a new level of civic engagement and community service,” stated Octavio A. Hinojosa Mier, Executive Director, Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute. “Most importantly, we cannot forget the importance of providing opportunity for our next generation of Hispanic American leaders. It is through the nurturing of our youth that we will continue to succeed as a nation.”
“Since Latinos marched across the U.S. back in May of 2006 we have felt a great coming together of our community. There was no better way to demonstrate that solidarity than through the historical turnout of Latino voters on Election Day,” said the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), one of the co-hosts of the Latino Inaugural Gala. “Now, before beginning the hard work of advancing the issues and interests of Latinos and all Americans, we should relish in our moment to celebrate.”
While sponsorship opportunities are still available, many corporations have already partnered with the Latino Inaugural Gala’s co-hosts to help ensure the most successful event possible. Some of these corporate partners include Western Union, Comcast, DirecTV, Prudential, Time-Warner, Anheuser-Busch, Microsoft, IBC Bank, and Kraft.
Additional Co-Hosts of the event include the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), the Democratic National Committee Hispanic Caucus (DNC), National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO), the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), and Voto Latino.
Media wishing to cover the event need to sign up for a press credential by going to https://latinoinauguralgal
Proceeds raised from the 2009 Latino Inaugural Gala will go to support the vision of creating a National Museum of the American Latino in Washington, D.C. Tickets continue to sell rapidly and are on sale now at ($200/pp) (http://latinoinauguralgala
Official Rules and Restrictions
• Entries will be accepted from 12:01 a.m. EST on 1/05/2008 to 11:59 EST on 1/12/2009.
• Only individuals 18 years or older who are U.S. citizens or U.S. resident aliens, and who voluntarily choose to enter, may enter the contest.
• Your contribution must be submitted electronically to: https://www.votolatino.org
• The winners shall be notified by email on or before 1/13/2009, and shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability release. Failure to comply within 5 days after the date printed on the prize notification may result in disqualification of winning entry and random selection of another entrant as the winner. Voto Latino is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
• The winners shall receive two tickets to the Washington, DC Latino Inaugural Gala January 19th and two airline tickets. Airline tickets may be used any time during the 2009 calendar year. Winners are responsible for all travel and accommodations to Washington, DC.
• This contest is sponsored and run by Voto Latino, 7600 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD, 20814. A copy of these rules and the winner’s names may be obtained by writing to Voto Latino Inaugural Ball. Requests must be received by December 31, 2009.
• This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
• Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
• By participating, entrants agree that Voto Latino and its agents and representatives are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from, any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in this contest, including winning this contest, including without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.